Request a Harper or Healer
There is a process that we of the Halls respectfully ask that you follow when asking for one of our members to be placed at your Weyr. The simple process is for requesting a temporary crafter; ususally a journeyman. We can't do permanent placement due to lack of active memebers.
To request a short-term employment, send a Neomail containing the below information to masterharper_alric or another council person (designated at the Guild) at least a sevenday before you want the Crafter.
- Your name and rank--
- The name of your Weyr (or Hold)--
- Tentative length of employment--
- Starting date of employment. This is very important.
- General reason for/purpose of employment (i.e., Healer for Threadfall; Harper for teaching the Ballads).
- Mode of payment.
Payment is a must. There are two ways you can do this, and you can always do both:
- Pay your Journeyman directly. This can be in any way you and the Journeyman agree on. Marks are good, additional flits can be nice; or you can give items such as codestones or whatever to the player. Of course, the journeyman may also choose not to accept any payment.
- Give a tribute to the Halls. This means sending anyone with a spare account who is interested to us for training. We respectfully beg you to do this, because we are short on people at the moment, and for the system to work, we need the influx of people to at least equal the outflux. Ideally, there should be more apprentices than journeymen, seeing as half of the people that join any Guild eventually fail to participate. Only reliable people make journeyman.
Because of our member situation, we also ask that our younger journeymen be exempt from Impression until said situation improves. We know that in Pernese reality we humans have no control over Impression, but seeing as this is a roleplay situation and you are in control, please don't steal our people!
Another thing we ask of you is to remember Hall autonomy. Most Weyrs have rules about joining with fire lizards (flits), and while we agree completely with those rules in terms of permanent Weyr members, we must ask that our journeymen be exempt from any such rule. They have worked hard for their fire lizards and proven that they deserve them, and it really wouldn't be fair to have them taken away even just for the time they're at your Weyr.
Unending thanks for helping our Guild to function. May your dragons' flame never falter!
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are copyright ©
Anne McCaffrey 1967, 2001, all rights reserved, and used by permission of the author.